Form Fill Partially working - Interactive Form

Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe PDF form is partially working.  Customer provided the form to me to fill out.  Each of the fields are purple on my PC.  Some of these purple fields allow me to check the boxes but the form fill in will not allow me to type anything.  When I use this form on my MAC which is old I can fill out all the fields and even sign and date.  PC is a year old.  Security on the form is wide open and it is an interactive form.  This happens with different Adobe PDFs and not sure why.  Any suggestions? I have attached this latest doc that is not working.  Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

You should start with the classic method: uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC I have Adobe Acrobat Pro I pay for each month.  On my MAC that is 10 years old I do not have a paid version.  UGH

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine for me.

Windows 10 & Acrobat Pro DC up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all software is updated for Windows and Adobe.  Selected the update option for Adobe and it states no updates avaialble. That is what is crazy is the form works for everyone else but me.  Not only this form but all forms adobe do not work or partially work.   Funny that it works on my 10 year old MAC that has not been updated with anything.  UGH

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fill the form with Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes have tried.  Neither works.  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start with the classic method: uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Did not even think about that.  Let me try that and see if it works.  Thanks  I will post back once I do that.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JR - Did not even think of the simplest thing I could do which was to uninstall and reinstall.  It is working completely now.  Thought it was strange that half of the form worked and half did not which was consistent across any adobe form I received.  Case closed.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Reader do you have on the older computer? Older versions required a special right applied to the file to be able to save it with the filled-in data. This is no longer needed if you use Reader DC, though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  JR assisted as I did not even think to uninstall and re-install the software.  It is working now.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Make content for your business needs with Adobe Express.

Get started easily with free templates: