• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Filled and locking the document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and have created a form filled document.  I would like to be able to lock all the fields except the signatuare field as it needs to be signed.  Is there a way to do that?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the fields as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, Thanks for your reply.  I think I need to explain a little more.

I created the form filled form for another company.  This company needs the ability to be able to fill in the fields (using adobe reader only) and then they need to send it to their customer for signature.  If I mark the fields as read-only then the company cannot make changes in the fields before sending to their client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be aware that the first consequence of digitally signing a document is to lock the entire document, including the form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Properties of the signature field and under the Signed tab set it to lock all the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  I think I need to explain a little more.

I created the form filled form for another company.  This company needs the ability to be able to fill in the fields (using adobe reader only) and then they need to send it to their customer for signature and initials in a few places.  If I mark the fields as read-only then the company cannot make changes in the fields before sending to their client.  I went into the Properties of one of the signature fields and I only have lock or Mark as read-only. I created the form in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017, if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines