• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form: how to convert text grades to numbers

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an assessment form in Acrobat, using the Form tool. 10 learning outcomes will be assessed with Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory, Good and Excellent. I use combo boxes to select the USG or E per learning outcome. Each learning outcome is worth 10% of the overall result. If I could convert satisfactory to 1, good to 2 and excellent to 3, I could calculate/automate the overall end result (being USG or E). E.g. 10 to 14 points is Satisfactory, 15-24 points is Good. How can I do this? I am using some javascript already in the form, to populate text boxes, based on combobox selections, but I am new to it. 

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In dropdown field, give USG or E export value to be score you want, for example under dropdown field properties, 'options' tab where you set choices there is an export value so input 1 for Satisfactory, input 2 for Good ...etc then you can easily calculate score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is really helpful. I applied it and do have now a text box with the number in (like 12 or 25). How can I convert this into Satisfactory or Good instead of showing the number? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use something like this:

if (event.value<12) event.value = "Fail";

else if (event.value>=12 && event.value<=25) event.value = "Satisfactory";

else if (event.value>25 && event.value<=50) event.value = "Good";

etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines