• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms losing format when sent to Esign

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a form with Number fields set to commas and two decimals.  Percentages are set to three decimals.  Once I upload the document to Esign, all the fields lose their format.  All number fields have no commas, some have no decimal, others one decimal.  All percentages become numbers with an infinite decimal.  I can print the form using CutePDF and then bring it into Esign as a workaround but that seems like a silly long-term solution.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does you set the format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prepare Form / Field Property / Format Tab / Select format category

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it accurate to say that when I import the Acrobat form to Adobe Sign for signature it changes the Number and Percentage formats to Text?  It seems like Adobe Sign supports Date and Text format but moves the others to Text.

I took an old Adobe Sign form that has the Field Type and Participant Role options.  I merged my new form with an old one.  Now, I can see the Field Type and Participant Role options, but there is no Percentage or Number for Field Type.  So, I think that is a no-go.  I also noticed you lose the Javascript Calculation option.  

I think my current solution is to keep the form in Acrobat Form.  Add a Text tag like {{Sig_es_:signer1:signature}} to any area I want a specific participant role.  Then strip the form by printing it back to PDF or maybe unlocking it and then send it to Adobe Sign.  That should hold the Number and Percentage format.  Any other ideas?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines