• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forward a copy of form via email to submitter

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form that I need the submitter to receive a copy of the completed form.  I have a submitter email field that we can obtain the submitter's email address.

Please explain in the simplest explanation.  I'm new to Adobe but not other programming methods.

Thank you so much. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

1. As the MouseUp event of your submit button.

2. Correct.

3. You can combine them like this:

var submitterEmail = this.getField("SubmitterEmail1").valueAsString + "," + this.getField("SubmitterEmail2").valueAsString + "," + this.getField("SubmitterEmail3").valueAsString;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want that the submitter of the PDF form should also get the copy of the form

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to share the PDF form with the submitter? Does th form has a signature field and are you sharing the PDF for signature via Fill and Sign Tool > Send for signature?

If yes, once the signature process is complete and the signer and the sender of the PDF form will get the complete PDF form on their registered email address.

Hope this information will help. Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  A provider fills out the fill form fields which includes the submitter name and submitter email's address.

2.  Once the submitter completes the form they press the "Submit" button.  This button email's the form to numerous recipients.

I would like a copy of the form to also go to the subscriber for their records.

If all it takes is to add a signature section that's will be an easy fix.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using this code (adjust the field names and target email address as needed, of course):

var submitterEmail = this.getField("SubmitterEmail").valueAsString;
this.mailDoc({cTo: "me@server.com", cCc: submitterEmail, cSubject: "Subject line goes here", cMsg: "Email message body goes here"});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry for the basic question!

1. Where do I add the code?

2.  I am assuming that my Submitter's Email field goes in this.getField("SubmitterEmail")

3.  I also have three other emails that the form will have to go to.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. As the MouseUp event of your submit button.

2. Correct.

3. You can combine them like this:

var submitterEmail = this.getField("SubmitterEmail1").valueAsString + "," + this.getField("SubmitterEmail2").valueAsString + "," + this.getField("SubmitterEmail3").valueAsString;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked perfectly.  Many many thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines