Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free version of Acrobat DC query.

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, forum, newbie here.

Until yesterday I had Free versions of Reader & DC.

Clicking here I got Reader:

Andrew28670829mo7l_1-1677781744537.png

If I remembered to click "Open with"  I got DC.

Andrew28670829mo7l_0-1677781217987.png

I could do much more with DC.

I had a small issue in that I couldn't get my win10 pc to open DC as default, despite it being set as the default program for pdfs. Every time I went to open a pdf it opened in Reader but if I remembered to click "Open with"  DC I got DC.

Reader did not appear in Windows Programs so I coukd not uninstall just Reader.

I emailed Adobe and was told to run the cleaner and reinstall from the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html to cure this issue with DC.

After 2 hours of faff I now had Pro but I had no DC.

I had to uninstall A Pro as I don't want a subscription service because I don't use it enough to justify it.

Adobe now say there never was a sub free DC - but I had it!! 

I've never subscribed to Acrobat but did have a bought version of Pro 6 many years ago.

Advice please.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no e-mail support with Adobe.

There is no such thing as free Acrobat DC. Adobe is correct, there never was. There was always (the first versions were for sale) Acrobat Reader for free. Acrobat and Acrobat Pro were always to pay for. And Acrobat DC and Acrobat DC Pro were always subscription products.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't talk twaddle Abambo! Adobe Customer Care <customercare-responserequest@adobe.com> AND Adobe Customer Care <customercare-support@adobe.com>

I also refer you to to Photo 2 above clearly saying "Open with DC"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't argue that there is no such thing as Acrobat DC. I have it here myself. What we are saying is that it is NOT FREE.  You (or someone else) is paying $15-$20 each month to have it. The full name is Acrobat Pro, Adobe are dropping DC from the branding. So, you say you have Pro, which is Acrobat, which is what you pay for, so everything sounds fine.

Adobe did change things so you can no longer have BOTH Reader (free) and Acrobat (paid for). So you seem to be left with the right thing (the one you pay for). Some people were left with the free one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my original post, It says I did have DC until Adobe Support told me to unsinstall everything using their cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also said "I've never subscribed to Acrobat but did have a bought version of Pro 6 many years ago."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I don't know how you ended up with it, but that's what you have. Your screen shot proves it. But I've lost interest now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines