• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing Rows and Columns in PDF Table

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to freeze rows and columns in PDF table (similar to excel) and save the setting?  Use of 3rd party application would be OK.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

It's not possible to show or hide or freeze or unfreeze anything in a PDF unless it's a "meta" object like a field, annotation, layer, etc.

Everything else is static contents. Such contents can be deleted or be made hidden by placing something on top of them. That's about it.

And I don't know what "settings" or "panes" you're referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to better explain what you mean. For starters, the concept of a "table" doesn't really exist in PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point.

I have a PDF page whose content is an image of a table of numbers.  The numbers are in individual cells.  The outline of each cell is defined by a horizontal line above and below and a vertical line to the left a right of the number.   Would like to freeze, say the left most column of cells so when scrolling to the right the left most column remains stationary.   In Excel it is called freezing the panes.  Hope question is now clearer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible to freeze panes on working copy of file or not possible to freeze panes and save settings for later use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to show or hide or freeze or unfreeze anything in a PDF unless it's a "meta" object like a field, annotation, layer, etc.

Everything else is static contents. Such contents can be deleted or be made hidden by placing something on top of them. That's about it.

And I don't know what "settings" or "panes" you're referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67,

In my original message I referred to freezing panes as in Excel.  Since you do not understand or know what I am referring to, try helping someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what panes are in Excel but I have no idea what it would mean in a PDF file... There's no equivalent feature. Hence my question.

But anyway, good luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here let me help you, since you have a MVP rating.  Get any PDF file, open acrobat, click on windows drop down menu, and hit spreadsheet split and voila you get frozen panes.like in Excel.   Thanks for your input.  Perhaps someone else has other idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a 3rd party application that enables one to save frozen panes in Acrobat so it can be used with Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can save the default view settings for a PDF, I don't know of a way to specify that kind of view with the particular split.

That could be pretty cool for some things.

You might ask in the scripting area, maybe the PDF can have a script to set the view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Markwoks,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The workflow you are looking for is not possible in Acrobat application as mentioned above by try67.

For more details on Editing PDF in Acrobat, you can refer to the following help document.

- How to edit a PDF using Acrobat DC

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines