Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Search did not find the word in the right place in the chart

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am IT Support for the company, the affected user reported this issue to me and I am stumped on this now, hoping for any help on this would be hugely appreciated.

How to reset/enable search to find all the words in the document/chart but also, at the right area. For example:

I searched for J1-J3 Limited and expect the search to bring up that in the document but what happened then it show up in highlight of completely different words and state that it all it found. See screenshot below.

I have already tried purge, reset index, ensure application is updated and still did not fixed this issue.

Aaron25625701qq6o_0-1673968121468.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually the result of a badly constructed PDF file. Do you know how the file was created, ie. from which application and using what exact command? Also, can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my understanding thus far from the user, is that they have been doing this for years (which I believe they export from Microsoft application - will confirm on this once I get the response back from the user).

Please see attached of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this file was created in AutoCad. I'm guessing the problem is with how that was done there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, the user got back to me and confirmed that it was generated from AutoCAD. So, is this now entirely different matters to different application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, yes. The issue is probably related to how AutoCAD produces PDF files. You should report it to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It me again, after the conversation I had with Autodesk Support, they are now saying that this is Adobe issue. Please see below of the screenshots of the conversation attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines