Fullscreen Page transitions in PDFs no longer work

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years, I've used interactive PDFs exported directly from InDesign to quickly present layouts and designs. This looks best when presented in full-screen mode, where you can use some of the page transitions offered in InDesign, for example. With my new MacBook Pro and MacOS Big Sur and also Monterey, Acrobat no longer shows the page transitions. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have the latest version of the software?

I just tested using comb transition from InDesign to an interactive PDF, full screen, opened in Acrobat DC.

It worked as expected.

Can you share the file or screenshots of your settings?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! it worked on macOS Big Sur or Monterey? 

my technical data: at work: MacOS Monterey 12.0.1, InDesign v 17.0.1, Acrobat Pro DC 2021.007.20099; or (at home): MacOS Big Sur (latest version), Acrobat Reader (latest version)
attached a small test PDF. Thanks in advance for testing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your "test PDF" works fine for me, Ican see the transitions in FS mode.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or MacOS?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm. Today for the first time in decades of using Acrobat Pro for presentations, the Page transitions completely fail on a PDF generated with Adobe InDesign. There is no explenation for this BUG. We tried several times to reset the page transitions with no result. The only difference, if you set a transition, is that the transition is slower...

My configuration is MacOSX 10.15.7 Catalina, iMac 27" 2019, latest update of Acrobat Pro (Adobe Suite)...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a previous presentation form November, 24 2021, where transitions worked perfectly....Also in this file now, suddendly, the transitions don't work!!! (Acrobat Pro DC, Continuos Release, Version 2021.007.20099, Italian)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also confirm: definitely related to the Acrobat version 2021.007.20099 Mac version. Transitions failed on Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur for me. Older Acrobat/Systems worked fine, as well as Win10 2021.007.20099.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. But it's even worse: Unfortunately, the bug doesn't affect any specific version of Acrobat at all, but apparently all versions and also the Reader, as it seems to be a MacOS problem: Under MacOS from Big Sur on, all commands for fullscreen PDF page transitions are simply ignored. Unbelievable that Adobe simply accepts that important program functions can no longer be executed. Some of the Adobe employees responsible for working with macOS operating systems unfortunately seem to be sleeping very very deeply.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is a MacOS problem: I'm still using MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina and the Transitions worked perfectly until the End of November. I agree that for a such expensive Software like Adobe Creative Suite it is very disapponting not to have solved this BUG instantly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm: Macbook Pro 15 · MacOS Monterey 12.1 + Big Sur · Acrobat 2021.011.20039, Danish. Very annoying. Seems like lazy bugs comes with subscriptions? I go with Keynote in the meantime.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still very annoying. Keynote is actually not the solution, with longer PDFs the time required for conversion is simply too high.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disagree: Keynote did the job fine for my 30 slide pres. Exported highest quality digital / setup similar res and slide amount in Keynote (or Powerpoint) / dragged from pageoverview in Preview and pages just popped into place / Started animating with a whole lot more transision possibilities than in Acrobat... so if you're used to layouting in inDesign aaaannn'd want your transisions a little more advanced – this might work for you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you want to quickly build a Keynote presentation, then your way is absolutely right. In our agency it sometimes has to go very fast, layouts from InDesign have to be sent quickly to the customer, who comments on them and then the corrections come back. The PDF format is basically ideal here, even from Mac to Windows and vice versa. We also use Keynote for detailed presentations, but it is not always suitable for a quick exchange with "Windows customers". It would be nice if Adobe would make the page transitions functional again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it would. Thought you'd need them for presentations since transistions is the issue here. For proof reading or corrections I would'nt bother with transistions. I guess clients have to exit full screen to use commenting tools anyways, right?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the interactive features are depending on Flash technology, I would think this is related.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, PDF page transitions existed long before the SWF format and have nothing to do with it. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacOS Monterey 12.1/Acobat Pro DC 2022.001.20112

Just got off a help session which was a completely useless. I was hung up on twice after being transferred to technical support. I was on the phone a total of 45 minutes with no resolution.

The agent told me that page transitions don’t work in full-screen mode on Acrobat Pro, but that is the only mode they work in. He also said they work in minimized screen mode, which is completely wrong.
I asked if he could transfer me to someone who knew what they were talking about and he said he wasn’t authorized.
I am extremely dissatisfied with Adobe right now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines