• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get selection tool to draw as red pen instead of drawing box

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to get the selection tool to draw with surface slim pen 2 Adobe Pro DC? With my older surface I upgraded to PRO DC and when I click the select tool and use the surface pen it automatically draws red lines where I move the pen. I upgraded to a new surface and have Adobe PRO DC and it only is a text cursor wanting to highlight text. How do I get the pen to stop highlighting text and draw?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Will,

Hope you are doing well. 

As its name suggests, the Select tool in Acrobat/Reader is to select the text you want to add further action, such as copy, highlight, underline, etc. 

With your slim surface pen, its acts differently. No such preference setting might have been the reason for this change. Double-check if you have anything else (like strikethrough or underline) selected along with the select tool while moving the pen. 

If possible, share the screen recording where it reflects the same behavior.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines