• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost fields visible in acrobat for radiobutton groups (RadiosInUnision)

Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added two radiobutton groups on two different pages (using RadiosInUnison feature) and if I select one in the right form fields toolbar I see the visual appearances of the other group(s) on the first page even though they don't belong there. Compare the screenshot.

AcrobatGhostBug.png

Those ghost fields are irritating to say the least. Seems like a bug to me...

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to quit and relaunch Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is an acrobat bug and can not be fixed by a restart.

A customer complained about it and gave me a document. I thought it is an pdf form field syntax issue of that document but then I created an empty clean room PDF with two new radio groups (with RadiosInUnison flag set) and the problem is reproducable. So it can be easily reproduced by only using acrobat and today in the morning after a complete system reboot the problem is still visible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share this file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud,

etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have acrobat you can easily create such a file for yourself. Just add two radiobutton groups on two different pages and set the option "Check equal values" or something like that. If you then select one of the group in the rightside toolbar (cp screenshot) you'll see the behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm on the version of your Acrobat application?

This is a known issue but fixed in later release.

You can get latest releases https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

- Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the (to my knowledge) most recent Acrobat DC (18.009.20050).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your details Tom.

Could you share a screenshot of the Help > About Adobe Acrobat PRO DC so that we are on the same page.

You can refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Also - please share the sample PDF, if you can to email ID. Please check you inbox for the email address.

- Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can surely read a version number - the "to my knowledge"  was meant if the patch vesion 20050 is the latest but after checking your page it is....

WhatTheHeck.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this behaviour in every PDF I create, so it is strange that you can not reproduce it. Also a colleague of mine in an older version gets this error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NfOlFwOWEe1-rWgCBQpvG-kKU4tjmDJr/view?usp=sharing

But as mentioned the steps are the following:

1. Take an empty two page PDF

2. Go to Form field mode

3. Add two radionbuttons 'option1' and 'option2' and select the option "Buttons with the same name and identical value should be checked...."

4. Copy the group over to the 2nd page and use the right side form field navigation to jump from field to field.

5. È voilà: The ghost field appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a bug. It is a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best answer so far

Features.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Bhavna were you able to reproduce the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, This is not a bug but a feature.

Yes, I was able to reproduce it. By checking the property "Buttons With The Same Name And Content Are Selected In Unison" for a radio button, you are allowing single-click selection of multiple related radio buttons from the right hand field panel.

For more please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html

-Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As written in my initial post I know the function of the "RadiosInUnison" feature.

It is ok to highlight all radiobuttons belonging to a group including all 'inUnison' fields however to show fields were are none - how can this be a feature?

See my screenshots: On the first page there are three fields and on the 2nd page there are three fields which are two groups in unison.

The 2nd screenshot i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will see this only in form edit mode and when you use radio buttons with the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that is quite strange but if it is a feature what is the benefit? User irritation ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only see this in Form Edit Mode when you have to create/edit/move form fields.

You will not see this in Preview Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bhavna,

but that was not my question 😉  What is the benefit? A feature means some functionality which has a meaning and/or benefit for the user. So what is it? Somebody did implement that feature for a specific reasons and I was just curious what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines