• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GlobalSign GCC R6 AATL CA additional PIN required for M1 Mac on Monterey?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an additional PIN request for making digital signatures with a usb token on an M1 Mac running the latest version of adobe on MacOS Monterey.  The following display box is the additional request that I only get on MacOS Monterey (windows 10 and MacOS Big Sur do not require this).

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 4.05.55 PM.png

 The PIN is not my computer admin password, adobe password, or my token password.  Please advise what this PIN is or how to reset.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Hi @dakiser1 ,

Could you please try to follow below steps and let us know if this helps.

• Go to Acrobat and open Preferences.
  • Select General from category
  • uncheck the checkbox " Enable native OS Mode for Optimal perforance" and click on OK
  • Restart Acrobat and try the same workflow again.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Prashant,

Thank you very much.  This suggestion of disabling the Native OS Mode for Optimal Performance has resolved the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Good news.  I loaded the public beta for MacOS 13 Ventura yesterday and the ability to use the token has returned.  I am no longer being prompted for the PIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Hi guys,

After several attempts posted here, I can tell you that the only option that worked is the one with uninstalling and then installing the certificate in Adobe. The steps for this can be seen here:

https://www.certsign.ro/en/support/error-when-signing-pdfs-with-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/

The title of the article does not strictly refer to this error, but it definitely solves it.

Greetings,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please check for any missing/pending updates for OS and try updating it. You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal,

I believe my OS was updated as recently as last week, it is 12.2.1

dakiser1_0-1646935529493.png

I also updated the adobe app earlier this week and it indeed is the version you noted.

dakiser1_1-1646935652374.png

I have rebooted after the updates but still get the additional PIN request.  I have not tried setting up a different user account with admin rights though.  I will try that next and report back that may be the fix as I was advised by GlobalSign tech support that it could be a keychain issue.  I may have not noted before, but I already checked with Apple Support and they advised to contact Adobe directly for further resolution, which I believe means they do not feel it is an issue with MacOS 12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I created a new account with admin permissions.  I then performed the digital signing process and had the same result.  My token is recognized, but I am prompted for the separate PIN and my new user account password does not work.  Please advise next steps.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dakiser1 ,

Could you please try to follow below steps and let us know if this helps.

• Go to Acrobat and open Preferences.
  • Select General from category
  • uncheck the checkbox " Enable native OS Mode for Optimal perforance" and click on OK
  • Restart Acrobat and try the same workflow again.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prashant,

Thank you very much.  This suggestion of disabling the Native OS Mode for Optimal Performance has resolved the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem , unchecking the box is not helping anymore (Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 08.31.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Netcore,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you please confirm if you started experiencing this behavior recently? Was it working fine before, or are you using this workflow for the first time?

Did you make any changes on Mac recently, after which it started happening? Share the OS version on Mac.

Please let us know about the troubleshooting steps you have already done.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I never tried before, since I've received my key last week.

It works on windows, but have problems with Mac

MacOS is the latest one

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 14.31.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's looks like the Thales software is not functioning correctly with M1 chips,

the same error with MacOS native smart card pairing ...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS was updated several days ago and I was not having this problem again until today.  Very strange.  I tried to set back of native OS (by checking box) restarting abobe and that did not resolve the issue.  Putting back to proper setting of unchecked box has also not resolved the problem.

dakiser1_0-1654713564934.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed an above update, but that does not appear to have fixed the problem.  Please advise a solution. Thanks

dakiser1_0-1655400067906.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information.

Please allow us some time to look into this issue.

We will get back with some information.

Thanks.

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this instruction is worked for me, hope will help you too

1. Open Preferences in Acrobat Reader DC (dropdown menu under Acrobat Reader menu)
  2. Click on Signatures
  3. Identities & trusted certificates - click on More..  button
  4. Click on the PKCS11 Modules and Tokens
  5. Click on Attach module 
  6. Copy /usr/local/lib/libeTPkcs11.dylib here
  7. Click on the SafeNet eToken PKCS#11
  8. Click Sign In
  9. Enter your token password
  10. Click on your Token under SafeNet eToken PKCS#11
  11. Select the master certificate which will be used for signing
  12. Close the window
  13. Open Terminal 
  14. Copy Sudo nano /etc/etoken.conf 
  15. Click on Enter
  16. Write your password to your Mac (it won't show up) and press Enter
  17. Write in the window (this will enable SAC PIN popup to show):
    1. [GENERAL]
    2. EnablePrompt=1
  18. CTRL+O and press Enter
  19. CTRL+X 
  20. Close the window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, I apologize for taking this long to try it.  Unfortunately this has not addressed the problem of the PIN still being requested and therefore the signing cannot be completed.

I believe I followed the steps noted correctly and this is what I entered in Sudo prior to the CTRL-O

dakiser1_0-1655900008904.png

dakiser1_1-1655900157200.png

dakiser1_2-1655900188030.png

I then hit CTRL-X to exit and it returned me to the Terminal window

I tried closing adobe and reopening but the same result of the PIN being asked for during the signing process remains.  Please advise if I've followed this process correctly or if there are other alternatives to resolve.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now restart mac, insert key, start acorbat

you'll see the password box on bottom/left

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 16.22.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional suggestion.  Unfortunately even after I rebooted the M1 Mac I am still getting the PIN entry popup.  I was not asked to log into the token again (using my token password) but I logged in via the SafeNet Authentication Client.  I do not think this is the issue, it appears the bypassing of the PIN is still not successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the latest version of SAC which supports Monterey oficially, will solve this issue. 

10.8 R6 is compatible version for M1 cips and Monterey.

it's not available from Globalsign for free download, and I even have no idea how it can be purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news.  I loaded the public beta for MacOS 13 Ventura yesterday and the ability to use the token has returned.  I am no longer being prompted for the PIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news.  Yesterday (8/5/2022) Adobe's request for a separate PIN returned.  To my knowledge there was no update to the adobe dc pro program or the MacOS beta operating system.  Please advise.

dakiser1_0-1659800741734.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news.  I checked and there was a beta 2 update for MacOS ventura.  After installing the new beta release, the PIN is no longer required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Ventura. Am highly interested in getting my token working on my M1 Mac. How is the token working for you?

Thank you Dakiser1 for updated thing thread. I've been following it for months now hoping a solution would be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Ventura earlier this week and the token signing is working fine (so far) like it was for the Ventura betas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not posting earlier, but I updated to the latest version of Ventura and also renewed my token (it expired end of 2022) and now have the same PIN problem from MacOS again.  I do not know which change caused the problem, but I suspect it was the Ventura update due to all of the token information being present and it just seems to be the PIN prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines