• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit Search

Greek language support.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to subscribe for Acrobat pro, but as it does not support the Greek language I do not take the step. Adobe demands a lot of money for an application that deals with letters and words, leaving at the same time the mother of western languages aside. The very word 'acrobat' is a Greek word, there is not support for Greek grammar and a Greek dictionary (grammar and dictionary are both Greek words) and this is truly a sad situation.

Nikos Grego, 

Athens Greece. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NIKOS22666634w7wt 

Since your question is about Acrobat Pro, I have moved this from the Acrobat Reader for Mobile forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it happens to be a writer, I currently use Microsoft's word to create paragraphs, chapters, etc. This application supports fully the Greek language: spelling, grammar and even synonyms and antonyms. Has also a very good Greek Dictionary, which is always present with a click of a button. My experience with Adobe is limited to Acrobat reader, which has nothing of the above mentioned features. Anyway, Acrobat pro is much to expensive to compel me to try it, even if it had all that Microsoft's app offers.

Thank you,

Nikos Grego,

Athens Greece. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader just displays PDF files, it does not create or edit them. And even the full Acrobat is NOT a word processing application (like Word, for example) and should not be attempted to be used as such, in any language.

If that's what you're looking for, Acrobat is not the solution, as PDF files were not meant to be edited in this way in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholehearted agree with you Nikos, I have an Adobe subscription which I mostly use for English and French work, this worked fine for me until I began to receive official Greek documents which I can do nothing with.

One of the worlds oldest and most important languages cannot be understood or converted by one of the worlds largest and most important document software providers? Really!

I have voted with my wallet and have not renewed my adobe subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "can do nothing with", exactly? What did you try to do, and couldn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have made a fillable PDF for my Greek consultants, who don't speak English, to fill out. They use Greek letters, and they are not visible on the form until I select each field. Example video attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually means the form was filled in some other app - not in Acrobat Reader. This damages the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't you agree that this needs to be fixed? I cannot ensure that everyone uses Acrobat Reader. There are a lot of PDF readers, and people should be able to choose which they want to use. In any case - I still don't think this is the case. All the NUMBERS which are entered in a non-acrobat software show up, however the GREEK LETTERS don't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vardanse wrote:

Wouldn't you agree that this needs to be fixed? 

One thing to ask is: who should do the fixing?

For example, if someone creates a document in Corel WordPerfect and then I have problems with it when I open it in Microsoft Word, is it Microsoft's responsibility or Corel's?

Adobe does not own PDF. They gave it to an ISO two decades ago. It's the responsibility of each company who makes a PDF reader or creator to comply with the ISO standards.

https://www.iso.org/standard/51502.html

I am a volunteer (who has used Acrobat since v. 2.0) and do not work for Adobe. These opinions are my own.

There is some staff on these forums (identified with an Employee badge), but to give feedback that will be seen by the product developers for Adobe Acrobat, you need to go to https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ and leave a message there.

Also, for testing purposes, can you have someone fill out the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader to see if the issue persists?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be nice if this were fixed, but Adobe cannot make other software authors do the right thing. This is like finding someone has broken your car window, and complain to the original car maker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines