Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guide to write plug in for Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am planning to write plug in for acrobat reader. My requirement is When you open any padf file, i want to add new meny option "Save to SP", this will popup custom user interface and will ask few questions.

Based on the questions, program decides upload location in SharEPoint online sites. On finish, it will upload pdf file to one of the SharePoint online site.

Questions are

1) What all development options available? Javascript or other SDK

2) Can this functionality possible in Acrobat reader, as we are not modifying anything in PDF file. This custom UI will just upload PDF file to SharePoint.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and guiding me on this

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugins for Reader require getting a special license from Adobe, which is complicated and expensive.

I think that a script (written in JavaScript) can do everything you described, and it can be developed and distributed for free. There's no real need for a plugin.

You will have to install it on every machine, though, but that's the same with a plugin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Great and appreciate your quick reply on this.

I will now explore Javascript option for developing this piece of functionality.

I am referring to following links for this.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console/

I hope these two links will give me jumpstart for my functionality.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you very much, I will go thorugh these links now.

Really appreciate your quick response today

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello All, Its me again Sorry got dragged to another project for a while but back to PDF Addin.

I am struggling to find out basic documents like How and where to copy JS file on Windows machine so that I can view custom button or Custom Save as option in PDF. this is for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2021.005.20048)

Appreciate your reply any useful link regarding this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines