Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gurmukhi Font in Acrobat PDF Reader and Fillable Forms

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am filling up some immigration canada forms and the requirement is to write the names in English as well as in Native Script ( Gurmukhi in this case.) Can someone guide , how to download the Gurmukhi Font and then make sure that it is embedded and recoganized by the PDF. At present I was translating the name in native script using google translate and then trying to copy paste it in the form but all is visible is ???? and ...... 

Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As I checked your account, you have an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription. I would request you to download and install the Creative Cloud Dekstop Application & sign in with your Adobe ID & activate the font which you're looking for & use the app inorder to fill the form.

Please check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/add-fonts.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How do you perform the same task as asked by Nuv Jot without an Acrobat Pro subscription? Any help will be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can go to Google Translate and covert your name from English to Punjabi ( For Eg: ਦਿਲਜੋਤ). Copy this. Then open the pdf and click on the add signature button, paste the Punjabi version there. And then anytime you want to use the Punjabi version, follow the same approach. Basically, via the Signature field. At least that is what I did. For example in Immigration Canada froms , the requirement is to fill your name in English as well as Punjabi and I did that via Signature field. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the font, install it on your computer as usual and (if its permissions allow for it) then select it as the font of the text field in your file. It will then become fully embedded in the PDF file itself and anyone using it will have access to it, even if it's not installed on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines