• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have you installed the right Acrobat?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked my account, I have the Acrobat Pro DC plan, yet when I update from the free version (Acrobat Reader), the whole program is rendered useless. WHat I mean is, that when the full version is installed it no longer lets me sign in. 

To even be able to view PDF's again, I've had to uninstall everything, and just reinstall the basic version again, where it has logged in normally.

Side note, all customer support options were completly pointless, the online chat said "We're closed" and the contact number it gave was a robot, that after pressing all the correct options ended with "this page is not available".

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't install Reader alongside Acrobat. It no longer works properly.

Remove both installations, run the Cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html), then only install and use Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Piggy-backing off of this awesome comment (that worked for me!) to help those who, like me, weren't able to just drag the old Adobe Acrobat/Reader apps to the Trash bin on their Mac/MacBook. Note: I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 at the time of this writing.

I had to force-uninstall all my old unsupported Adobe Acrobat/Reader apps/utilities by going to "About This Mac" --> "Storage" --> "Manage" --> "Applications". Hope this helps some!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines