• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble adding a video to a .pdf with Acrobat DC pro

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to add the URL for a video hosted on Vimeo to a .pdf document I receive the error message:

"No media file has been specified. Please select one and try again." 

This happens after I enter the URL address and click "OK"...any ideas of what may be causing the problem?

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tedc

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when you try to add the URL for a video hosted on Vimeo to a .pdf document I receive the error message: "No media file has been specified. Please select one and try again."

Are you trying to add the video using the URL directly from the Internet? If yes, please download/save the video locally first on your computer and then try to add the video to your PDF file as descried here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html and see if that helps.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am currently having the same problem except that my video is hosted on Microsoft Stream. I keep getting the same error message when I try to enter the link to my video on Stream. Hosting the video locally on my PC will not suit my purpose either. Any ideas? 

Ideally, I would like the video to play seamlessly within the PDF. I do not want to redirect my audience to MS Stream. I want them to be able to view the video directly within the PDF. It works beautifully in PowerPoint (PPT) but I can't use PPT for what I am trying to accomplish. 

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't add a remote video. If you want to add it as a video you have to save it locally first, and it has to be in mp4 format.

Otherwise, add a link pointing to the URL of that video on Vimeo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I am able to add a video saved locally to the document quite easily but it does not suit my purpose. I am trying to add a video hosted on Vimeo that plays automatically when the .pdf page is opened online, but which also does not make the file too huge to post on my website. From what I have been able to find out on Adobe's help pages it seems Acrobat does not like the "obfuscated" links that services like Vimeo or YouTube add to the video URL links they provide. I am currently looking into this from Vimeo's end of things to see if they can provide a "direct" URL for the video, as it is pretty clear from what I have read that Acrobat simply will not work with an obfuscated URL address. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines