• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble editing an html to pdf conversion - how can I move text/images around?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC.  I know how to convert an HTML (webpage) into a pdf.  I can delete sections of the multi-page  pdf without difficulty but when I try moving a section from a page of the pdf to another page, I lose content and get distortion.  What am I not doing that I should be doing?  Thanks.  - Jeff

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Pro is not a wordprocessor or page layout application. It does provide limited editing capabilities if you need to fix a date or correct the spelling of a name or word. Think of it this way: a PDF is a digitally printed document. If that document were ink-printed, would you blame the printer for making it hard to move images from one page to another?

If you need to do that level of adjustment, you are doing it in the wrong application. You have two options: the BEST one is to go back to the application that orginally created the document. If that is completely unavailable, the 2nd option is to convert the PDF into a Word document, do all of the changes you want, and then recreate the PDF.

I wish I could tell you different but this is how it works (or doesn't work depending on your point of view). 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines