• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! client wants a flip page pdf

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has just sent me a flip page pdf and wants something similar. Looks like it has been created using 3D Issue. Looking for help please as excuse my ignorance but I know nothing about these. I know they've been around for years but I've always managed to avoid them so far but client really wants it and they are a good customer. From what I can see you need to import a pdf into a converter programme to make these type of files. Do you need to pay a subscription?  And what about hosting of the file? Be grateful for any help or advice

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Adobe doesn't offer any tools that do that, and it's a bad idea in the first place. Such files are not really PDFs at all, and probably won't work correctly in most environments. Not to mention being searchable, printable, commentable, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't offer any tools that do that, and it's a bad idea in the first place. Such files are not really PDFs at all, and probably won't work correctly in most environments. Not to mention being searchable, printable, commentable, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And "flippables" are not fully accessible to everyone. About 30% of your target audience will either have a difficult time opening and viewing it, or might not be able to access it at all.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you've been sent - is it a PDF file type? Or an EXE? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't been sent anything, it's something she wants to create so was going to do leaflet in Indesign and was hoping that I could save a pdf and create flip page version from it. Sounds like not a good idea though from the comments. Thanks for your responses, appreciate you all taking the time to get back to me. Will go back to her and pass on the comments and express our concerns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines