• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Extracting Data From Adobe Form

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new(ish) to Adobe and I am trying to utilize it to make my life far more efficient. If anyone could provide some advice or links to guides it would be greatly appreciated!!

Here's the situation- the standard procedure for my job is for a customer to fill out a new business form and then someone takes that form and literally copy and pastes the responses into an excel document. I've created a fillable form with Adobe but instead of using the "distribute" feature through Adobe, we will just take the form and either send it to the client or sit down with them and help them fill it out. This system works for us so I would prefer to keep it this way, ideally I would like to find a way to extract just the responses from the filled out form to save the pain of copy and pasting everything over.

My problem is that without using the Adobe distribute feature I haven't found a way to manipulate just the response on the PDF. If I export to Excel it exports the entire document, questions and responses both. While this is semi-useful, to really use the data I would have to go into the excel file and delete all of the questions where as I would much prefer that the only data extracted to just be the responses.

I hope that makes sense. If you need anymore clarification or have any suggestions I would be thrilled if you would share!

Thanks and I appreciate everyone's time!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When working with forms in Acrobat Pro, there is an option to export form data in spreadsheet format. You could drop a number of forms in a folder and export them all at once. 

You can check out this site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/collecting-pdf-form-data.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines