• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP? How do you successfully redact a powerpoint in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted the PowerPoint to pdf, then used the redact tool to redact the document; (before pressing the apply button); everything looks fine, but after I press apply, the redaction lines are mirrored throughout the document, even on the pages that are not redacted.  I've seen someone say that you need to disinfect the document first, but that gives you blurred text before the redaction even starts!!! Is there a correct way to perform a successful PowerPoint redaction?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such operation in Acrobat as disinfect? What exactly are you talking about?

If you could provide a before and after sample of such a PDF file (obviously without any sensitive information), maybe someone here might be able to assist you.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanitize 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble here. I am assuming that your PDF (made from powerpoint) must have some background which is repeating throughout the document. Since this is one single object that is being used across file, when redacted on one page results in redaction on all pages. This is a known limitation with redact tool currently and has already been raised with the management. 

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu, Thank you for your kind response.

I would be grateful if Adobe would work on a fix since it is a known problem.  I did however get around it, by extracting each page, redacting them separately, and combining the pages after redaction. It took a while but the light finally came on! I hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has any progress been made on this issue?  I use the redaction tool all the time and this is a major issue for us.

Thank you,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines