Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed :(

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to this.... 

I have a client asking for a specific form.

They plan to have a form that is filled out once a week with a 'Weekly Completed' column.

Each week the form is filled out, they would like a column containing a 'Running Total' from previously filled out forms.

Example:

Week 1 > form filled out > Weekly Completed column filled out with value = 2

Week 2 > form filled out > Weekly Completed column filled out with value = 3 > Running Total column updates to = 5

Week 3 > form filled out > Weekly Completed column filled out with value = 6 > Running Total column updates to = 11 

and so on...

I am wondering how i can do this. Is there a way we can link form fields between pdf forms and add calculations this way? or will i need some kind of javascript?

I have to say.. i am a huge amateur when it comes to javascript.

Any help or advice would be amazing!!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alyda 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you want a column containing a 'Running Total' from previously filled out forms fields.

The Calculate tab appears in the Properties dialog boxes for only text fields and dropdown boxes. Use these options to perform mathematical operations on existing form field entries and display the result. For more information please check the calculate tab for form field properties  in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html

For information about using Javascript please check the help page https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console/ and see if that helps. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines