• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please. Attempting to use the appearance tab freezes Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the color of a button from the default grey to green. When I am in the appearance tab and click on the color, the program freezes. Can't cancel. Can't quit. I have to force quit. I am on OS 11.6.4 using the latest version of Acobat Pro DC. Note: any time I try to use the appearance tab, the program freezes, not just buttons. I've submitted the issue to Adobe when the crashes occur but the auto response is there is no work around. Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files, or just one or, or files from a specific source? If it's only one file, or files from the same source, there may be a problem with the PDF file. Does this also happen with files that you create? 

I am not familiar with this problem, but this is what I would do:

Use the repair function in Acrobat's help menu to see if that fixes the problem. If that does not help, uninstall Acrobat using the Adobe Cleaner application: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Re-install Acrobat and try again. 

If that still does not work, you will have to get in touch with Adobe's customer service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help Karl. The freezing happens with all documents; even a new PDF with just a button as a test. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC Pro and the exact same thing happens. I have to force quit to get out of the program after attempting to change the color of a button. I did not use the cleaner though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give the cleaner a try. Anytime an uninstall/re-install cycle does not fix a problem, it's a good idea to try the cleaner. This may still not fix the problem, but it's the next level of debugging. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines