Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Help with adding text field/auto filling previous entries from different devices

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Pro DC on my laptop and iPad. My subscription allows me to use it on multiple devices. A while back I had my wife download and log in to it on her laptop for work so she could edit/export PDFs to excel/word/etc. 

I noticed today that when using it for fill&sign, that when I click the "add text" button, a new text box appears like normal...no issue there. What's odd is that if I type in the word "the" or any random word, a drop down appears showing ALL previous entries with that word in it, similar to how "autofill" works. Usually it would be helpful but it's not just showing MY previous entries. It's showing entries my wife has made as well. I'm aware this is probably because she's under my log in. My concern is that if she used the program to fill in client information that could be considered "confidential" that it will show up if I "add text" with the same word and that she may unknowingly be giving me access to client info from her office. Example. If I type in my area code, a list shows up to fill from showing all phone numbers she has entered with that information. She doesn't work in a position where this would be an issue necessarily but my question is.. if text shows up on that drop down list, does that mean it has definitely been entered by either me or her? Just looking for confirmation. I came across text I assume she entered and the subject of it is of great personal concern to me. There's no way i entered it and I just want to make sure before I bring it up to her. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garyjotto

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the pre-filled suggestions when you are trying to fill the PDF.

Is it a PDF form that you are trying to fill and getting the suggestions for autofill? If yes, you may turn off the Auto-complete option from the preference settings. Go to Edit (Win) > Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Forms > Auto-complete set to Off.

Also you may edit/remove the entries from the pre-filled list so that they will no longer be available in Adobe Acrobat DC. 

Untitled.png

Hope this will help, let us know if you are referring to something else

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lmao??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines