• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Adobe Acrobat X PRO

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help please. Someone used my laptop and suddenly Adobe was gone.  I did a search but cant find it at all on my laptop. Furrthermore, I cant open any of the PDF files I have. 

Is there a way I can find it or re-install it? I dont believe I ever registered the product with Adobe, so I dont know what the serial number is.....

In the worst case scenario, Ill probably would have to buy a new app. Could youn please tell me which one I should buy and how much it cost. Please be as clear as you can coz im very much technically challenged...... Thx for your help. 

Joshua

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have the serial number and never registered it then you can't reinstall it, if it was removed.

The versions of Acrobat currently available are Acrobat Pro DC, Acrobat Standard DC, Acrobat Pro 2020 and Acrobat Standard 2020.

The DC (=Document Cloud) versions are subscription-based. You need to pay for them each month to be able to use them. They are more frequently updated, though, and have newer features.

The 2020 versions are the old-school "perpetual license" model. They are less frequently updated and will eventually become outdated, unless you purchase an upgrade for them down the road.

The Standard version has a more limited functionality compared to the Pro version, but is cheaper. It is only available for Windows, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much for your response. in this case, I need to buy another one. I had the X Pro version for about 7 years and never needed an update coz I dont use it a lot. 

There are places advsertising free downloads like this one: How would I know that they are not malware related? 

https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/Adobe-Acrobat-X-Pro.html

Also, I prefer a life time subscription. I found one for $59.95 AUD. Could you please tell me if this version is any good? https://www.pdfpro10.com/LP/V1c/nix/?product=pdfpro&source=NIX&campaign=AUS_Pro&utm_source=msn&utm_m...

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports Acrobat X, so buying it now would mean you're spending your money on outdated software. It's also very unlikely this is genuine, and is probably infected with malware. Don't fall for such "offers". They are often scams. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

The other program is not by Adobe and I'm not familiar with it, so I can't comment on it.

You can find whatever version of Acrobat you want here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody else had the rights to distribute Adobe software. Assume it's malware, because otherwise what's the business model of these illegal sites? 

The link you posted is not to Acrobat Pro, but an entirely different app, not made by Adobe, called PDF Pro. I won't say the name is intended to mislead, but that's what sometimes happens. Obviously, we don't know anything about whether it does what it says, or what you need, or how safe it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not true. Adobe has deals with many resellers who are allowed to sell their software themselves, completely legally. Of course, that doesn't normally apply to outdated versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines