• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with form not working in Reader on iPad

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed my form to myself to test in Reader on my iPad. It appears none of the JavaScript is working. My calculations are not working, My popup alerts/response boxes are not there, and there are no tooltips (which I'm not sure that is even a thing on a touchscreen?) When I try to use my action buttons, I get an (object) (object) message, or something like that.

I have tried to save a copy of the form as Reader Enabled, but Acrobat is telling me the form can't be Reader Enabled.

Please help. This is very frustrating with as much time as I have invested to automate this form and provide instructions via the popups and tooltips.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Javascript is not much supported on mobile device in adobe apps, try using PDF Expert  from Readdle .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javascript is not much supported on mobile device in adobe apps, try using PDF Expert  from Readdle .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working right, but the Save button works in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got the calculations working in PDF Expert and some of the other code, but much still doesn't work right or at all.

Do you have any idea how I can get all of the alert/response boxes working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tooltips can't be a thing on a mobile device because they happen when the mouse hovers (without being clicked) over an element. There is no mouse being passed, there are only clicks.

Reader enabling has no effect whatever on iPad handling of forms. Here is the reference for the (painfully limited) JavaScript available in Reader for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could just get the app.alert and app.response boxes to work would do the trick. I understand the tooltips thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines