Help with license in damaged HD

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perpetual license that I purchased along with my laptop and it allows to install in 2 computers. Late last year the HD in my laptop got damaged and I could not acces it, I replaced it with a new HD and reinstalled Acrobat Standard DC.

Now I have a new 2nd laptop that I use for business travel and I want to install my license in my 2nd computer, however I can't because it think's that I'm installing in a 3d computer which is not the case.

I reached for help on the chat and the agent suggested I uninstall the program from the original HD, but I can't because it got dammaged, so he suggested that I post my problem here to find a solution.

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On this page - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

There is a section

"

Old computer no longer available?

If the computer on which you installed the product is no longer available (for example you have lost the computer or formatted the hard drive or the hard drive has crashed), you can deactivate your apps from the account management page. Then install the apps on the new computer and follow the onscreen instructions."

which leads to this page - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html#sign-out-a...

Maybe this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

the instructions you sent me are for subscription apps, mine is a stand alone license so it will require some other action.

Here's the message I get, and then of course it tells me I have no activated devices.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if your licence was registered with your Adobe account.

This could allow you to login-free the licence-reuse it. Login to your Adobe account to check.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is linked, but when I login it's not shown. When I installed in the new computer, the one with the issue I had to login to my account to activate and that's when it gave me the message that I already have 2 computers activated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just confirmed it is registered on my account under products. What can I do next?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact Adobe directly (via chat or phone) and ask them for an "activation count reset" for the license.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines