• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with renumbering pages

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am working on an original pdf document and wish to prune the document and delete some pages to create a smaller document I rename and save, I am used to doing this with the original doc on screen with thumb nail pages on the left pane.

I used to select the page or sequence of pages to delete  for example page 3-7 and  the document would automatically renumber page 8 as the new page 3 etc etc throughout the pruning task.

Today this is not happening and I have not changed any settings.

How can I restore this helpful feature?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page numbers under the pages on the Page Thumbnail panel are not showing the new actual page number? That's odd, it's working here for me. Have you checked for Acrobat updates? Does this happen to all pdfs? Go to the fly-out menu of the Page Thumbnail panel and try re-setting the Page Labels.

page labels.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must have been a glitch??? Just started another document and all is working fine ... no idea what happened but thank you for your response which I will keep just in case !!

Kind regards
Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All sorted now - many thanks Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines