Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Help with Save and Mailto for a PDF form

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, again...the last advice I got from this forum was great, so I thought I would try again. I completed the form I was creating and need some help finishing it, as follows:

I'd like to create buttons to:

1. Reset the form to defaults

2. Save the form on the user's computer

3. Email the saved form as an attachment so I can follow through. I don't want the values, I need the entire form.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

TOPICS
JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Add a Reset Form command to the button.

2. Do you want to specify the file's name? Save it under the current name? Allow the user to select how to save it?

3. Add a Submit Form command to the button. Set its options to submit the Complete PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the steps, but my problem is that I don't know how to do these things. I know what I want to do, but not how to achieve it. I need to have the completed, saved form emailed to me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. In button properties under "Action" tab, under 'Select Trigger' set as Mouse UP and under 'Select Action' set it to "Reset form" then select which fields you want to reset.

2. This depends what exactly you want to do. If you just wish to add "Save As" button, then repeat steps from task 1 but instead of "Reset form" select "Execute a menu item" and then select "File>Save As...".

3. Same as above just under 'Select Action' choose "Submit form" then select last option "PDF to a complete document"

In the bar at the top enter: mailto:your address goes here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines