Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi there, I'm stuck and need a bit of help

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there everybody,

I'm a little bit stuck at the moment, i've digitized a weekly check sheet i use into a fillable pdf form, when i have finished filling the form in I then need to email it to somebody else, I have created a button at the bottom of the form which does this however the file size is 13mb which is way too big, is there a way i can incorporate some sort of javascript into the button which can some how flatten the pdf so that it is just like a read only and can't be redited afterwards which will reduce the size down to kb.

Thanks

-Luke 🙂

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flattening the file is unlikely to solve this issue. You need to first find out what's causing it.

To do so open the Content panel on the left, right-click the top item and select Audit Space Usage.

A window like this will appear:

try67_0-1649022137171.png

From this you can see what type of object is taking the most space in your file. If it's images, try reducing their resolution. If it's fonts, try re-creating the file with less non-standard fonts, especially in the form fields, as those have be fully embedded, etc.

PS. One easy way to make your file smaller is to simply save it under a new name, using File - Save As.

That forces an optimization of it and can reduce the file-size dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me, and yes it seems like the fonts are casuing the huge file size.

I have changed the text fonts to a simpler font however the font that was previously used is still causing an issue and looking at all the fonts embedded in the file it is still there at the top, is there an easy way to just delete that or is it best i just remake the file and re-add all the text in using acrobat?

Thanks

-Luke 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Create a PDF file with a empty page
  2. Add the pages of your form
  3. Delete the empty page
  4. Save the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines