• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Adobe Account Menu Buttons (share, feedback, help, notifications, profile)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to hide these fixed menu buttons?

Capture.PNG

I'd also love to hide the "Home", "Tools", and "Document" tabs at the top left, if possible. 

These are all cluttering my workspace and I like to have only what I need up top.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quipstad,

We are sorry for the experience. As described above you want to hide the "Home", "Tools", and "Document" tabs at the top left.

This is a design behavior and we can not customize these options. However, there is an option to hide the menu bar using the F9 key on the keyboard and Tools bar using the F8 key OR go to View>> Showhide>> Menu bar/Toolbar items.

You may also, refer to the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/is-it-possible-to-permanently-hide-the-menu-tools-bar-in-acrobat.... and see if that works 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. I often shrink PDF doc (to move between multiple docs on my screen), and when I do so ALL I SEE are the darn Share, Feedback, Learn, Notifications and Account icons. Not any of the tools I actually need and use.

I know this is a built-in "feature," can't be altered, etc. But I wish Adobe would listen to its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JR! Not sure where your reply went but I saw it in my email notification (now it's just dots). 

I have listed the menu items in the javascript console; now the trick is identifying the variable under which these are stored in order to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my answer when I realized that your question is about buttons, not about menu items.

My answer was :

Just uses the "hideMenuItem" method: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/Acro12_MasterBook/JS_API_AcroJS/ap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10-4, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for an answer here as well since I have the same problem. When I snap Adobe to the left or right of my screen it shrinks the window and hides the buttons I need to use, like fit to page, zoom, and editing. Other versions of Acrobat worked better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also work with Acrobat snapped to the left/right to use other apps at the same time, and the only thing that has allowed me to see the buttons I need is making the display smaller. View>Display Size>Small

I hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason the "small" option is greyed out when I navigate to that option as you describe. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines