Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding a part of text from screen reader in Indesign or Adobe reader

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm making an accessible PDF in Indesign. It has a sources page with lot of links to web pages. For screen readers, I want to skip/hide the long links (and make hyperlinks). Because the PDF is for print as well, I'm looking for a way to still show the complete links in text for sighted users, but a away to make a screen reader skip the links that are in the middle of other text. Any ways in Indesign or Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first answer that comes to mind would be to outline the text you do not want to be 'readable'.

It will look like text, but like an image of text will not be processed by the screen readers.

Otherwise, have you tried View > Zoom > Reflow to select the text that will be read.

Have you looked at Solved: How to force Acrobat screen reader to skip / ignor... - Adobe Support Community - 9744360

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines