Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight works weird

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently, when I use the highlight tool, it does something weird: instead of drawing a thick (yellow) line over the selected text, the highlighter only draws an oval-edged rectangle, without filling it yellow.

Changing the color does not help, instead of a filled out, thik rectangular (yellow) line, I just keep getting a long box wrapping the text...

What do I do? Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregorm

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.As described, highlight works weird

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine. What is he workflow/steps you are doing to highlight the text?

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) and see if that helps. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue. It is really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines