• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighter Doesn't Work

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My highlighter tool in Acrobat Pro DC stopped working! Can anyone help me? I press the highlighter icon on top of my screen, highlight my text, and then nothing happens. If I click the area that I tried to highlight this blue box/border shows up - but nothing is highlighted.

First screenshot is my text as I'm highlighting it -

Second screenshot is after I "highlighted" it, but nothing happened

Third screenshot is when I click on the area that I had "highlighted", this annoying blue box appears.

Please help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

That "annoying blue box" is the highlight... You probably just set it to be transparent.

After clicking it press Ctrl+E and you'll be able to change it via the floating toolbar that will open (it's the check-board icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "annoying blue box" is the highlight... You probably just set it to be transparent.

After clicking it press Ctrl+E and you'll be able to change it via the floating toolbar that will open (it's the check-board icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. After making this change right-click the highlight again and select Make Current Properties Default and it should not happen when you create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, but mine, it doesn't show the "blue box", it doesn't show nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what happens when you use the Highlight tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My highligher icon disapeared aftere one use. How can I get it back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My highlighter did work in Acrobat DC until recently but stopped.  I checked for updates and the updates are current.

I tried ctlE after pressing the icon.  I have rebooted, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  The highlight tool worked on the first document I opened but has not worked in any of the subsequent documents in the same work session.  Have you found an answer yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Different pdf from same session: some get highlighter tool some do not, so not a univ security setting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Mac, is is Command + E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines