• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting Disappears

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am consistantly running into the issue where highliting is dissappearing from the PDF. We have to close the program and then reopen it to bring highlighted text and notes back. I have already updated to the latested version, reinstalled the program, repaired the installation, yet nothing seems  to be fixing it. Is it a software bug or something else? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same issue where the highlighting disappears. It also happens where after the document is open for a while, anywhere between a couple minutes to a couple hours, all the text disappears from the document itself but hte highlights remain. The documents I'm working in are ones sent to me so I don't know how they are generated, but they dont look like they have been scanned or converted from a word doc. I've put in a few tickets into Adobe about this issue earlier this year and different customer service agents have remoted in to my computer to recreate the problem, but since the problem happens sporadically, after a few seconds or minutes of being open, but more frequently after a couple hours sometimes, there hasn't been a quick way to recreate the issue of disappearing text and highlights. Like you, this has been troubleshot with updating to latest version, uninstalling - reinstalling, running a repair (and doing so several times within a few months) etc. and nothing helped. Still having tis problem after 8 months. Hope a solution is found soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck with this? We still have no resolve.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck, I continue to have the problem. One "solution" Adobe offered was to convert the document as an Adobe pdf, scan it and then OCR/Recognize text and then highlight the text: "From: Ajita (Adobe)
You need to print the PDf as Adobe PDF and then run the scan and OCR on it"

The issue happens when PDFs are generated and received from different sources. The agent online says it doesn't highlight well if the document is created with another app besides Adobe. If that's true then everyone would have the same problem. Hoping someone from Adobe can jump in and answer some questions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We deal with 100s a day, theres no way we would be able to convert all of them. Sad that theyre not more concerned with resolving these bugs. May have to resort to finding a new pdf editior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines