• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hitting tab in the Properties window jumps to the next Form Field item, not the next entry??!!?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a form and I need to customize the Name and Tooltips under Properties/General. I'll enter the Name on the first Field, copy/paste this, hit the tab key to jump to the Tooltips field but instead Acrobat jumps to the Tooltips in the next Field created in the list (Signature). Even if I click in the Tooltip field, it jumps to the next one. If I'm on any other tab in Properties - Appearance, Position, Options, etc - the Tab key works and jumps to the next entry inside that as it should. This is extremely frustrating to create forms with.

Also, how did Command + ~ to jump to another open Acrobat document get turned off?? Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 12.01.20 PM.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

if you think it is a bug then you could check here to see if it has already been logged and if not log it yourself.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Please note this is no guarentee that it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have, twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with only the document that you're working with or with every PDF that you build from scratch?

Also, which operating system are you on and which version of Acrobat?

And If you right click on any part of the open document and select "Document Properties". See under the "Description" tab the section labeled: Advanced -->>> "PDF Producer". What was the source document used to produced that PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to how to switch between opened document it doesn't use the CTRL + keyboard combo.

You should use ALT+SHIFT+W which is the keyboard shortcut to open the "Window"  menu on the main toolbar. 

Once the context menu opens up the opened documents are listed by numerical order 1, 2 ,3 etc with the file name corresponding to that tabbed document.

Just hit the desired number on your keypad that corresponds to the document you want to switch to.

NOTE: This works in both cases wether the documents are grouped in tabs side by side inside of the main working window or opened on separate windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a common keycommand that's in Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign is not applicable to the same Adobe program? That makes it sound like Acrobat isn't even part of the Adobe family. And even to call the keycommands "single key accelerators" instead of "keyboard shortcuts"? That's poor programming & design IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every PDF.

Latest & "greatest" version, automatically updates on me. (Mac OS)

Originated from InDesign with table sections for form sections to be filled out. They're legal agreements, lots of verbaige, easier to create in InDesign and export to Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a screen recording and attached it. This time I made a document only in Acrobat and built a form in there. When you hit the tab key to go from Name's Text 5 [which I changed to First Name] to Tooltip, it still jumps to the Tooltip on the next Form Field (Text 6), not within the same one. (Apologies for the typing errors, I need another cup of coffee!) I'll try to attach this to the bug report I made too so sorry for the repeat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the EXACT version number (not "latest") as well as your OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release, Version 2022.001.20169

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines