• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible Customer Service

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the chat function. Got no where. I tried the phone number, but none of the options were about having issues getting font to load even though I followed all the steps in the guide, the font appears as selected on the website and the creative cloud, and I verified it was in the Distiller. I finally did a websearch and got through to a person. The person was having phone issues and then told me I didn't have an active account with my email. When I pointed out that I was on my account right now with that email I was informed they still couldn't find my account. So, they tried with my name and last four digits of my credit card. Still couldn't find it so I was asked what account I had and how much I was being charged. Still nothing. When I pointed out they didn't need my account information to help me with getting a font loaded I was told they had to verify my account. So we went round again; email, name, last four digits of my credit card, what day I get charged annually for my subscription, and how long I have had my account. Guess what? Still nothing. And remember, this is all with the agent sounding like they are talk to me from the other room through a wall, meaning I'm having repeat everything and spell everything using the military alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie). Finally I was told I was going to have to call my credit card company and verify I was actually being charged. I did that and told the agent everything was exactly as I had stated the three previous times. Then I was told Adobe would have to go through the verification process, which takes 24 hours. That is when I hung up. Remember, this is all because a font won't load in Adobe Reader. I have lost several hours of work trying to get this straightened out, which is lost income. I calculated it out and I have already lost more money than the annual subscription cost. And, I haven't fixed the issue. I tried to aviod all of this by using their text message verification system and after thirty minutes I haven't recieved a text. If Adobe weren't the only game in town I would definitely be using anything else.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bison Fire Pro

I'm not sure I can help you but will do what I can.

First off (and I really mean this) the Paragraph/Return key is your friend. Having one solid paragraph of text as you have above is challenging to read. And I have dyslexia which makes it a lot worse. Please, in the future, after you finish a subject, please tap the Return key several times and start a new paragraph. 

Next, IF you have Adobe Reader (which is what you state), you can't. Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro, uses fonts just like any other application: What's in the system is what they have to use. In addition, if the original document didn't have the font you wanted, it's probably not possible to change it in Acrobat — any version. 

If you want the original document in a different font, open the original document, change the font, and then create the PDF again. That's how it's supposed to work.

On a side note, there is something going on with support calls. I called my Credit Card company yesterday and had the worst experience I've ever had with them. Normally I've always had GREAT experiences talking with them. This time, not so much. And like you, it sounded like they were in a different room. My wife mentioned that there has been a rise in sunspot activity and this may be the cause. You have my sympathy on this issue.

I hope I've helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an eye disability which cause extreme issues with using computer, upto and include complete loss of eye function. Bring this up doesn't help resolve my issue.

Thanks for pointing out my slight error in the naming convention. Word of advice, bringing up a slight error when someone is already extremely irritated is never the correct move. This is coming from professional engineer, software trainer, and college instructor. It only make the person even more irritated and immediately makes you the target of irritation on top of the original irritation.

As for you technical information, it is completely incorrect. Adobe has the ability to add fonts through the Creative Cloud to all products. If you looked at the screenshots I attached, read the manual, read the forums, looked up YouTube instructional videos, or even just did an initial websearch you can find this information.

Not only have you succeed in irritating me more, you have also proven you don't know the product you claim to be at a professional level of understanding. Please don't offer any more assistant on this topic. I only want responses from actual Adobe staff that are capable of helping with my issue. I have had enough of my time wasted. Don't add to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines