• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotkey for Distribute... button

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a hotkey that will activate the Distribute... button?

Bill2801679328v4_0-1675713823971.png

Bill.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this myself and I couldn't find a hotkey per se. However, the quickest method is to enable "Quick Tools" to the toolbar and add the "Distribute" shortcut to the quick tools.

See screenshot below:

distribute.png

If you are an old-schooler and you are fast with your keyboard, you may also try these other methods:

First enable the single key accelerators in EDIT=>PREFERENCES=>GENERAL=> Use Single-Key Accelerators

After that is done, return to your document.

Just by hitting the "A" key by itself it opens up the Prepare Form Tool Preview pane from which you can click on the "Distribute" button.

• Using SHIFT+CTRL+7 does the same result (opens up the preview pane of the Prepare Form tool; when the Tool Preview pane opens up, click on Distribute

And like I said earlier, if you're a keyboard-shortcut old-schooler, then the next hotkey combo shouldn't be too much of a hassle:

• ALT+E  ==>>  S   ==>   Enter

This key combo is the longest but it navigates through the "Edit" menu swiftly, which is the equivalent of  clicking with the mouse pointer on each item through EDIT ==>> FORM OPTIONS ==>> DISTRIBUTE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually controlling this through a VB program, so the mouse clicks are not an option.  The last two options look promissing, but my Edit menu does not have the items you mention?

Bill2801679328v4_0-1675855208789.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat Pro are you on?

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and just applied the latest update a day or two ago.

Also, is that Acrobat Reader? or a different licensing  track than subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Acrobat Pro subscription.

Bill2801679328v4_0-1675883876929.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intriguing.

I don't understand why those menu items are missing, but recently I've seen a few users observing that some options or menus disappear after recent updates.

I am also aware that Adobe Acrobat has gone through some changes in regards of hotkeys and  key combinations reassignment.

Maybe the "Distribute" action doesn't have a key combo assigned to it yet; if that is the case it would be a great feature.

I am going to continue to dig a little more about this and post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test the  keyboard combo shown below and see if it works?

• ALT+E  ==>>  S   ==> I

I am on Windows 10 64bit with Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit), same update version as yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-E brings up the Edit menu, but what does ==>> represent?  Does not seem to be right arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And S does not do anything on the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was trying to summarize the sequence.

So I meant, "ALT+E" keyboard combo, then hit the "S" key by itself, and last hit the "I" key by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

S and I generate no action on the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines