How can a populate Adobe form fields with data from Excel?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable PDF and I would like to use Excel to populate the PDF

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't a way to do it directly. You can convert your Excel file to a tab-delimited text file and then import the data from one row (assuming the column headers and PDF form field names match) into your PDF, but if you want to do a so-called Mail Merge operation (ie. create multiple copies of the same PDF form with data from multiple rows in a spreadsheet) you will need to use a script, or the Mail Merge command in the Acrobat ribbon in Word (not available in Excel).

For example, I've developed this (paid-for) tool that allows you to do just that, including various advanced features such as an option to automatically name the merged files using data from the fields, or even automatically email them to the recipients: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email-pdf-files

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines