• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change bullet/numbering indentation?

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat help, it states that a bullet list's indentation may be edited by opening a "Control panel" or "Paragraph panel". I cannot find one or the other.

Can someone please help and provide some screenshots depicting where to click in order to open one of these panels, or how I can simply change a bullet list's indentation?

Your help is very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This help document is for Adobe InCopy, not Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Then, what would be the steps required to do the same in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Edit Text tool, but it's not recommended to edit a PDF file in this way. You really should go back to the original file used to create the PDF, edit it, and then create a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the PDF file is the original file I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But presumably there was an original someone else made in some other app? Try and get that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's highly unlikely that the file was created as a PDF from scratch. It might be the only file you have, but there's usually a source file used to create the PDF file from (like a Word document , a web-page, an InDesign file, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I started with an empty PDF file and started typing.

I copied text from other sources, though, but nonetheless: How can I edit a bullet list's indentation? We should focus on my original thread question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm impressed at your achievement and your patience, but I strongly suggest you start again in another app. Acrobat just isn't the tool you are trying to get it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very bad idea, but to answer your question, you can use the Tab key to insert indentations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope this has been resolved since it's nearly been a year, but you can hit Tab for indentation, and if you're trying to get back to the prior bullet, then you can hit Enter twice.

Ex.

1. Food
    1. Pasta
    2. Rice
  2. Media

Then to get from Rice to Media, just hit Enter to get to the next line and hit Enter again to make it back to the numbered bullets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines