• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i change the mouse' wheel-scrolling-speed in Adobe Reader / Acrobat Pro?

Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm studying i read a lot of books at the computer with Adobe's Acrobat and sometime i just fly over the pages to find something. What keeps me annoying is, that although my scrolling speed is set to fast in Windows settings, whenever i open a pdf file and zoom a little bit in to fit the screen, Adobe changes the wheel-scrolling speed of my mouse to very slow.
It seems to me, if i would try to scroll in this situation through a let's say just 20 pages ebook it could last for years to reach the end of the pages...

Any suggestions why or how to change this behavior ?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Here's what I did:

1) Update your mouse scrolling rate.

2) In order for it to actually use my scroll rate I had to go to select 'View->Page Display->Single Page Continuous' rather than just 'Single Page'. Fast scrolling works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested this on my new MacBook without Logtech Options installed and the scrolling issue is non-existent then, so it seems te be in the combination: Acrobar and Logitech Options. I would assume it's with Acrobat as Acrobat is the only application misbehaving with Logitech Options installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great find! Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow agreed, good find.  I can confirm i have this issue but also have logitech options.  Logitech please work with Adobe for fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of scrolling, you can hold down scroll wheel and drag the page up/down to skim pages faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines