• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a default setting (opacity) for each highlighter color in Adobe?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the default opacity for each color. Aka, every time I select the light green, it's 70% opacity, and every time I select dark blue, it's 45% opacity. 

The highlight tool is my most frequently used Adobe tool. I color-code documents -- often by sentence/word (citations are green, critical info is bright pink, one project I work with is blue, another is purple.).  Some highlight colors work best at 45% opacity, some at 70%. However, once I change the opacity to, 70% for example, all colors come out 70%. Red is most distinct at 70%, but dark blue at 70% makes the text unreadable. It's very time consuming to drag the opacity slider every single time I switch between colors.

It would also be great if I could set additional color swatches (?)I just want to add a brown swatch to the palette. It's not beautiful, but it's one of my project colors and would allow me to find the information I'm looking for in long documents.

It's 2023 so I can't imagine why this wouldn't be a capability in Adobe. I can't figure out if I'm missing where to set these things, or if it's truly not possible (if it's not: Adobe, come on! It's 2023!).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible using a script only, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed that lets you switch between highlight (or any other comment, for that matter) colors quickly, with a single click: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-quickly-switch-between-highlighter-colors

It's also possible to customize it so that the opacity level is changed when each color is selected. You can contact me privately to discuss that further, if you're interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bluebeam Revu for commenting because it sounds like I have similar commenting needs to yours. It's very robust. Here's an example.  https://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2018/10/how-to-make-multiple-color-highlighting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same question/problem. I agree, Adobe you've got to do better than this. Every color at the same opacity doesn't work and I want an entirely different default palette. My favorite pink is no longer a option unless I want to go the long route to properties which is time consuming and I don't want to make it default and use it EVERY time. This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Julie230066915zr2,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

I understand how the feature could be an important addition to the app. Please add your suggestions here: https://adobe.ly/3XQKb2O to ensure it reaches the dev team for review and future implementation.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines