• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a "Total" or "Sum of" field? I have created my fields, just need to total them up.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be placed here, in the bottom

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cindyd89266771,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the following links discussing the same topic:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/print/how-to-do-not-so-simple-form-calculations

How do I use acrobat to calculate quantity/price as a form?

Field Calculations in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

Let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the "TotalRow13"(?) or the field to hold the total and use the right mouse click to bring up the "Properties" for the field. Select the "Calculate" tab and then you can use any of the 3 calculation options.

For the "Field is the _____ of the following fields:" you can chose the calculation option (Sum) and then select the field names to use in the calculation. You may need to highlight the field name and then press the space bar to select the field.

For the "Simplified Field Method" you can enter the field names separated by the "+" operator.

For the "Custom JavaScript Calculation" will require writing JavaScript statements to numerically sum the fields, but we will skip the code for now.

If you had used the Hierarchical naming convention or created the fields by creating the first row without a numerical index and then use the "Create multiple fields" option the fields would be systematically named with a suffix of ".#" ranging from 0 to the number of fields - 1 and then some calculation methods would be simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines