How can I edit my text when using fill and sign?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I want to fill with superscripts and subscripts. How can I do that?

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that.  Please try to download the PDF form to your computer locally and then open it with Adobe Acrobat DC and go to Tools > Prepare form and then right click on the field to go to field properties.

Note: The above steps would work if the author has not locked the editing of the PDF form. If the PDF form is locked for editing, there isn't much that can be done.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to use superscript and subscript in a PDF.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Are you working with PDF form with fields?
  • Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Freeware application) or Adobe Acrobat DC (Paid subscription)?
  • Are you on a Mac or Windows Machine and what is the version of the OS?

If you are working with PDF form fields and have Adobe Acrobat DC , Please follow the steps below:

• Go to the field's Properties, and under the Options tab tick the "Allow Rich Text Formatting" box.
  • Now exit the Form Edit mode, click into the field and press Ctrl+E (For Windows) Cmd+E (For Mac). A properties toolbar will open with various settings. One of them is to set the text as superscript.

Hope it will help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm working with PDF forms. I clicked "Fill & Sign", and it said the author had defined fields for me to fill. I have Acrobat DC. I'm using Windows 10.

I could not find field's Properties. I tried to right click in a field and there is no Properties. Could you tell me where to find it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that.  Please try to download the PDF form to your computer locally and then open it with Adobe Acrobat DC and go to Tools > Prepare form and then right click on the field to go to field properties.

Note: The above steps would work if the author has not locked the editing of the PDF form. If the PDF form is locked for editing, there isn't much that can be done.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my fields are editible after using fill and sign. I have NOT signed the file. When I hover over the field, some will give me and Ibeam and I can edit.  Others just give me a new text box field.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Madena262512001hfw 

We are sorry to hear that. Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, make sure the application is updated to the recent version 22.2.20212. Go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer.

Also, please share the affected PDF file so that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good morning! I will do all of the suggested items you mentioned. I would just like to point out that this problem will exist within the same PDF file. Some text (using the AB icon) can be edited, while some cannot, regardless if a signature has been added.

Thank you,

Madena Rice
7-12 Business/Computer Tech Teacher
Plentywood School
Work: 406.765.1803 EXT 164
Cell: 406.480.9111

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines