• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install Adobe PDF 'printer' under Windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Acrobat 8 Pro (yes, I am perfectly aware that this is not the current version ) under Windows 10 (Version 1607, Build 14393.447, 32-bit). The software works fine under this OS, but I have noticed that the inmstallation procedure did not install the Adobe PDF 'printer' (even though it did install Distiller), and thus I cannot print to PDF. Since Microsoft's own "Print to PDF" feature does not work properly (at least not on my machine) I would like to install the PDF printer from Acrobat 8. How can I do this?

Best, Andreas

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Acrobat 8 as initially released did not fully or properly install the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance for any Windows OS version greater than Windows XP 32-bit. Changes in Windows required some re-engineering of the Adobe PDF apparatus to work properly in Windows Vista and beyond as well as in any 64-bit version of Windows.

Update to Acrobat 8.1 and you may be able to get the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance to install.

Note that Acrobat 8.x is four versions out-of-date an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google for solutions, if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 as initially released did not fully or properly install the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance for any Windows OS version greater than Windows XP 32-bit. Changes in Windows required some re-engineering of the Adobe PDF apparatus to work properly in Windows Vista and beyond as well as in any 64-bit version of Windows.

Update to Acrobat 8.1 and you may be able to get the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance to install.

Note that Acrobat 8.x is four versions out-of-date and Adobe does not officially support this under Windows 10. Furthermore, the PDFMaker integration with Microsoft Office will absolutely not work with any recent versions of Microsoft Office.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed Acrobat 7.0 Standard on my Windows 10 machine. Downloaded and repaired the software with Adobe help as it would not activate. Now activated and seems to be fine however can not install it as a printer option. Would like to set it as my default printer.

Please advise, very frustrating... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines