• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro without subscription.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to purchase the software (a perpetual license) without a subscription.  I am unable to see the option on the Adobe website.  I would be happy with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI but that is no longer available and supported.  Does anyone have suggestions?

TOPICS
How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

Surprisingly, Acrobat Pro 2017 and Acrobat Standard 2017 are no longer directly available for licensing.

However, Acrobat Pro 2020 and Acrobat Standard 2020 have just been released. They can be licensed from here https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fweb&filters=de_252Fpdf  

Alternative steps: 

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and sort the products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

Surprisingly, Acrobat Pro 2017 and Acrobat Standard 2017 are no longer directly available for licensing.

However, Acrobat Pro 2020 and Acrobat Standard 2020 have just been released. They can be licensed from here https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fwe... 

Alternative steps: 

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and sort the products by name by clicking the "A-Z" button on the right.
At the top of the list, you'll now see Acrobat Pro 2020. Click on the Buy button next to it. If you have a prior qualifying version change the "Type" drop-down to "License Upgrade". Otherwise, leave it as "Full License".
Then select the other options (OS, Language, etc.) and complete the purchase. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

There is a good chance that the serial number/perpetual license is not available in your country/geolocation. So, you may have to buy the license from Adobe's authorized reseller. You can find them in your location using this link: https://www.adobe.com/lead/information/resellers.html  

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!  This solution is not actually a solution, because all of the steps described above lead ONLY to monthly subscription options.  The one-time purchase options described above cannot be reached by following the steps described above.

Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official reply I got from Adobe is that this is a mistake that affects the US only and should be fixed within a few days. In the meantime you can purchase Acrobat 2020 via the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much is Acrobat 2020 with a one-time license?  Can you install on a PC or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- The price depends on your location. Where I am located Acrobat Pro 2020 costs 676.39 €. The Standard version costs 422.29 €.

- Yes, but you have to buy a version that's specific to your OS. Only the subscription license allows installation on either platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It costs $449.00 + tax. The default platform is PC. Choose Mac as the platform if you have Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I have both and use both on a daily basis? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need two separate licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, November 27, 2020_13h14m43s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification!  Yes, it seeems no matter where or how I search, I cannot find anywhere I can re-download a perpectual Adobe Acrobat Pro DC license (NON-Subscription) I purchased a few years ago (of course, WITHOUT paying the $10 to get the CD - my bad!)).

I cannot believe there is not a place where I can legally re-download a legitimate license I paid $450 for and is working just fine for me - I don't want to pay a monthly subscription 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find the exact name of the version you have a license for. What used to be called Acrobat DC is now called Acrobat 2015, or 2017 or 2019, etc. The name "DC" is now used only for the subscription-based version.

If you purchased it directly from Adobe as a digital download it should still be available under your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be joking! $449?

No wonder piracy is a problem, especially when special offer of Ashampoo goes for $11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 (standalone price - not a subscription) for $259 on Lenovo's website. I have ordered three for employees and they work fabulously. Unfortunately, we need Pro and its capabilities in our business. With that said, we have not found any pdf software that compares to what Adobe Acrobat Pro can do. Believe me, we have looked and bought with only great disappointment in the end. IMO, competitors don't compare to the OG at least not in real world applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the only in the market

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can

Laura Wilcox
Business Advisor
Corporate Minutes, Inc.
Tel# (630) 879-1441
www.Corporateminutes.net<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$449??!!  I've been using an Education Edition of Acrobat 8 for years.  Has Adobe lost their minds??  First I can no longer activate my copy after I changed computers and now you want $449?  Way to screw your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still get a discount for Educational staff and students. See:

https://www.adobe.com/howtobuy/buying-programs/education.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU aren't their customer.  Corporations are. That's where there money comes from.  The cost is highway robery and only affordable by them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there are MANY corporations, who are very small, like me, who want to continue using their product, after 20+ years and should be able to continue using what I paid for and what still satisfies what I need (It's not appropriate to be FORCED into paying a subscription for software I already own and does the job!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you've been using an educational copy of Acrobat 8 for more than 10 years, perhaps you aren't the loyal customer you think you are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monopoly robbers. Including microsoft and all of them. 

They don't like open source they just want to rob us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's stopping you from using open-source PDF viewers or editors, exactly? The PDF specification is available to the public in the form of an ISO (courtesy of Adobe, by the way...).

Anyone that wants to can create a fully-compatible PDF application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They believe that everyone can expense the price to their company.  Only, that is not the case.

If they would make it affordable, can you imagin how many folks would buy? 

They would be rolling in the dough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines