How can I save a form I have filled in as a PDF that is non-fillable without the blue bars

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a certificate for a client to provide to their customers. The certificate has different details per customer so the client needs to be able to fill it in and then send a non-fillable version (without the blue bars) to their client. 

I have fine-tuned the design in Acrobat so the text that gets typed in is a certain colour and is centred etc. If I open the form using a web browser then all the formating is lost. Not an option. 

If I open it using my Acrobat, then I can not save it as a PDF without the blue bars and not fillable. Frustrating me no end! I thought maybe I could print as a PDF but that is not possible in Acrobat. I'm told I have to Save As. But that just gives me fillable filled-in form with the blue bars. I tried using Acrobat Reader instead of Pro and the same thing happens. 

I used to be able to make a form and then once it was filled out and saved, it could no longer be filled out...as in, it was just a PDF. 

Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it was filled out sign it with a digital signature.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that could work if I can sign with a signature that is not visible. Ill take a look at that option. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way is to flatten the fields, converting them to static contents.

To do so you can create a Custom Command or an Action with the following JavaScript code and then run it on your file:

this.flattenPages();

Note this process is not reversible, so maybe save the file under a new name once you flatten it, just in case you want to edit the fields later on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Make content for your business needs with Adobe Express.

Get started easily with free templates: