• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I ugroup fields in Acrobat Prepare Form

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Prepare Form works super well, but it is grouping some of my check box fields and I dont' want them grouped. Anyone know how to ungroup them or to stop the detection of fields from grouping fields alltogether?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, I've never seen it do that before. It's actually a problem with it because you have to go and rename the fields manually to make them into a group. Maybe this was changed in a recent update and now it's grouping them together a bit too much... Either way, there's no way to control or change how it works. You have to consider it as a starting point, and go over everything manually and fix any issues you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Acrobat automatically detected and created the checkbox fields (yay!) but then grouped some of them. To manually delete and recreate a long list of checkboxes is going to take a lot of time. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can use this (paid-for) script I've developed to fix this issue:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-rename-duplicate-fields-to-unique-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's cool! I'll consider it if I have to do more lists.

In an InDesign exported pdf file when preparing a form, Acrobat automatically created groups of radio buttons and check boxes for content that was formatted the same. I needed a list where you can check off items and a radio button isn't used for that. To retain formatting properties I copied/pasted a check box, moved it, and changed its Name in Properties. You should be able to change the type of button/box but as far as I can tell, you can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines