• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I unlock the Add text comment tool properties in Acrobat XI if the lock check is on but greyed out?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I unlock the Add text comment tool properties in Acrobat XI if the lock check is on but greyed out?

please please help

I do need to work with my new Acrobat Pro XI 14 hours per day to finish my uni work

(WIN 7, 32bit, 4GB RAM)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

after many trials & hours i found one way around

found a document made previously to the lock option I did for the "add text comment" properties

I then set it as property default without locking it

I hope this serves to someone who has the same problem

however adobe should fix this bug and add it to the known issues web page until it does not find a solution

it is very annoying not to be able to unlock a locked tool

mainly when you have tight work deadlines

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Adobe Arobat Pro DC. I spent more than 5 hours with different technicians and noboday can give me the final sollution. Just a work around (5 Steps) and ask me to do it by myselft for every comment. Also told me contact Java. As a non IT person I have no clue who Java is and who I should contact. I paid Adobe monthly and Who is Java? Did I pay to Java?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. Ignore that advice.

Could you describe the situation in a bit more detail, please? And maybe share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And have you tried the solutions provided above? If so, what were the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution above like a magic. It works now. The weird thing is someday it works and some day doesn't. Let's see whether it works tomorrow or future. Thank you for your kindness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines