• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the color/font of text within a text box?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office just upgraded from the old version of Acrobat to Acrobat Reader DC.  It is very similar, but I am having one issue with the "Fill & Sign" option.

In the old version, I would click "fill & sign", add a text box to my document, and a text toolbar would appear with options for changing text size, color, and font.  With the new Reader DC version, when following these same steps to create a text box, the toolbar that appears is very unhelpful, and only has the option to change text size by one increment at a time.

I am mostly concerned with the color change, as I use white text very often when editing PDFs, though I would like to know how to change the font as well.  Is there any way to change the color/font of text in a text box, or have they removed this feature? 

Thank you very much for your help (:

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

In Adobe Acrobat DC use Tools > Prepare Form and create the form text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with "Fill & Sign". In the past it was also not possible.

Create a form text field with the option "Allow Rich Text Formatting".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you allow that option?  The only option for a text box I see is the text size by single increments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat DC use Tools > Prepare Form and create the form text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, you helped me figure out.  I need to use "comment" feature now, instead of "fill & sign".  thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what version of Reader I had before, but I could actually change the color of my text, and I could change the font (though only some fonts worked).

I could use the solid box alt-character, change the color to white, and "white-out" any information that was incorrect, and then type over it.  This is what I am trying to achieve again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines